On Friday, May 12th, Rang 5 & 6 had an Internet Safety talk with Garda Frank Stafford.
The presentation informed children about:
- keeping themselves safe online
- identifying what cyberbullying is and what to do if it happens to them or a friend
- how to behave safely and respectfully online
- if they come across something inappropriate online or receive a hurtful message etc. to inform a parent or trusted adult
- the danger of talking to and interacting with strangers online
- being cognisant that adults sometimes purport to be children online and to always speak to their parents before engaging with unknown individuals
- Keeping private information to themselves, such as their full name, address, date of birth, school name, football club name, etc.
Further information for parents regarding internet safety is available on https://www.webwise.ie/parents/
We wish to thank Garda Stafford for a wonderful presentation and his time, it was very informative for our pupils.