Home School Links
Newsletters: Sent home frequently to keep parents informed.
Text a Parent: Messages sent regularly. (It is important that the school has the correct phone number on file)
Parent / Teacher Meetings: In October/November
Ballyduff National School App: Downloadable app for the school community to keep up to date with events in the school.
Parents can meet with Class Teachers or Principal at any time by ringing the secretary to arrange an appointment.
The secretary is in the office at the following times:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday between 9.00 a.m. and 11.45 a.m.
Wednesday between 11.45 a.m. and 1.45 p.m.
Parents are the Primary Educators
- Talk to your child.
- Listen (Listening is a two-way process)
- Nursery Rhymes—Very Important
- Read and tell your child stories to get them to retell them to you. Discuss illustrations in books.
- Teach your child the colours
- Scribbling / Drawing / Writing are an important part of your child’s development. Use chubby crayons, hand hugger pencils.
- If your child expresses an interest in writing, please, start with lower case letters